9.06.2005

Lessons Learned in Saving Gas

While we have all seen articles and blog topics on rising gas prices and money saving tips for gas, I have my own two tips that haven't appeared anywhere yet (or so I've seen).

1) If travelling, drive at night. Where I am located we have humid summer/fall days that range from the low 80s to mid 90s. If you are going on a trip, drive at night. The scenery doesn't really matter, and in my climate the temp drops when the sun goes down to about 70 degrees, allowing you turn on just the fan in the car to cool you down, rather than turning the air on.
2) I do a lot of stop and go traffic and experimented with my driving style recently. I get the best mileage if I am very conscious of keeping my RPMs below 2,000 while accelerating from a light. Granted, people kind of run up your bumper, but they soon figure out that you aren't Mario Andretti and back off.

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 10:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the RPM thing too. I try not to accelerate too hard, because that burns gas in a hurry.

I like your blog! Found it through No Credit Needed. I'll blogroll you in a bit.

 
At 9/09/2005 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Financial Fruition said...

Thanks for the kind words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home