9.15.2005

Apple, Macs, and Ipods

So let's learn a little bit more about who I am...I AM AN APPLE FREAK! There, I said it.

It all started when I was a boy and my parents would not buy me Nintendo. Instead, at the age of 8, I was given an Apple IIC by my parents. Within 2 weeks I wrote a program in BASIC that asked for three different passwords when you booted up, or it would not run. My Dad was really happy with that. As time has gone on, my Dad purchased some Macs including a Centris 650, as a matter of fact he still has his Performa that he still uses on occasion.

Once again during one of my ramblings, I must come back to the question....What does this have to do with Personal Finance?

Well, actually quite a bit. With out my exposure and love of Apple and Macs, I don't think I would be in the industry I am in. As a creative marketing person I am spending most of my day on a Mac using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and QuarkXPress. However, in my job position, I still do some analytical marketing. Not only do I get to "play" on the creative side all day, but it is also in another area of great interest to me, Investments and Financial Planning.

As a relatively intuitive person I run our Mac server and maintain about 10 Macs. For personal use I have a Power Mac at my house and use a Gen 3 iPod along with an iPod shuffle for my music needs. Never have any one of these pieces broken or become a hassle in any way. The only problem is keeping up with the latest toys Apple comes out with. It hurts the wallet a little bit.

Anyways, my girlfriend just jumped on the bandwagon and bought a iPod Nano the other day. This is a great little piece of iPodware that features a 2gb flash drive for memory with a very nice color screen like the one on the iPod Photo series. Anyways, my only complaint is that it is so small. It really doesn't fit in the palm of my hand very nicely which makes use the buttons kind of hard. Oh well, though...it isn't mine and my girlfriend just loves the thing!!

So what latest gadgetry do you spend money on?

3 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 02:37:00 PM, Blogger NCN said...

I have a shuffle (love it!) and Sirius Satellite Radio (even better!) I want a new computer, but not until I am debt free... I want a wide-screen laptop.

My favorite "gadget" of all is my digital camera for snaps of the family..
ncnblog

 
At 9/17/2005 03:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am an Apple freak.

fivecentnickel.com

 
At 9/20/2005 03:54:00 PM, Blogger Financial Fruition said...

Digitals cameras are great, I would agree. My other favority gadget is XM Radio (for car and home), the alternative to Sirius. Nice to hear from both of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home